Want to automate download of files from Sftp to local directory using batch file

Advertisement

anika

Want to automate download of files from Sftp to local directory using batch file

hi all,

i want to download files from sftp folder using batch file to any of my local folder .

Could any one give a detailed description on how to do the same ?

thanks in advance.

Advertisement

Anika

I cannot find the console window in winscp where I have to write Commands for automation .Can you guide those steps to me as I am new to this .

I tried to find that window from Commands -> Open Terminal in Winscp but got this error :

Error skipping startup message. Your shell is probably incompatible with the application (BASH is recommended).

Thanks in advance .

MM

VBA to download a file from WinSCP if the absolute path of remote server is not available

Hi , I am kind of a beginner in VBA. I want to download a file from remote server to local. Certain files get stored in subdirectories of a root folder and the subfolder names can be dynamic. I have the file name with me. I need to download the file from winscp to location without giving exact path

path : /u/test/
filename: a.txt
if this file is stored in /u/test/*/ (any subfolder , how can write the shell command)

errorCode = wsh.Run("C:\winscp577\WinSCP.com /command ""open user:pwd@domain"" ""lcd " & tempLocation & """ ""get /u/test/*/a.txt""" ""exit""", windowStyle, waitOnReturn)

The above code does not seem to work

Advertisement

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

Re: VBA to download a file from WinSCP if the absolute path of remote server is not available

MM wrote:

Hi , I am kind of a beginner in VBA. I want to download a file from remote server to local. Certain files get stored in subdirectories of a root folder and the subfolder names can be dynamic. I have the file name with me. I need to download the file from winscp to location without giving exact path

path : /u/test/
filename: a.txt
if this file is stored in /u/test/*/ (any subfolder , how can write the shell command)

errorCode = wsh.Run("C:\winscp577\WinSCP.com /command ""open user:pwd@domain"" ""lcd " & tempLocation & """ ""get /u/test/*/a.txt""" ""exit""", windowStyle, waitOnReturn)

The above code does not seem to work
So do you want to download all files stored anywhere in a remote directory tree to the same local folder?

See https://winscp.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=23759

Though you cannot use Session.EnumerateRemoteFiles in VBA. So you have to recursively use Session.ListDirectory.

Advertisement

You can post new topics in this forum