Topic "Timeout waiting for WinSCP to respond"

pierreW

Hi,

I have read the following tracker:
https://winscp.net/tracker/show_bug.cgi?id=996
and the related article:
https://winscp.net/eng/docs/message_library_timeout_waiting_to_respond
But none of the methods proposed seem to solve my problem.

I am using the WinSCPnet library and I have upgraded it to the latest version : 1.2.10.6257.
I am still randomly getting the following error message when lauching my program from the task scheduler of Windows (Windows Server 2012 R2 standard):
"Timeout waiting for WinSCP to respond - WinSCP has not responded in time (response log file C:\Users\Administrator\AppData\Local\Temp\wscp0D5C.0083A9E6.tmp was not created).
This could indicate lack of write permissions to the log folder or problems starting WinSCP itself.
"

I am a bit desperate now as none of my action would fix this...
Can you help?

Thanks.

Pierre
Advertisements
PierreW
[View user's profile]

now with a registered user Wink
martin
[View user's profile]
Site Admin
Please attach a full debug log file both for failed and successful session (using the latest version of WinSCP).

To generate log file, set Session.DebugLogPath. Submit the log with your post as an attachment. You may want to remove data you consider sensitive though, such as host names, IP addresses, account names or file names. If you do not want to post the log publicly, you can mark the attachment as private.

prikryl wrote:
Please attach a full debug log file both for failed and successful session (using the latest version of WinSCP).

To generate log file, set Session.DebugLogPath. Submit the log with your post as an attachment. You may want to remove data you consider sensitive though, such as host names, IP addresses, account names or file names. If you do not want to post the log publicly, you can mark the attachment as private.

I'm also having problems with timeouts. I'm using the latest beta version and calling WinSCP via the WinSCP Powershell Module (https://dotps1.github.io/WinSCP/). I get this message in the console:
Exception: Exception calling "SynchronizeDirectories" with "7" argument(s): "Timeout waiting for WinSCP to respond"

Please see the attached log file, and let me know if you need anything else.
ftp-session.20160428-0849.log (587.62 KB) Private file

Description: (none)

martin
[View user's profile]
Site Admin
Thanks for your report. I need the debug log file, as per my previous post.
PierreW-

Hi prikryl,

I have desperatly tried to write a log when the error happens with the "session.DebugLogPath" param but each time this error happens no log is written...
Therefore I can only send you working logs...
Does this make sense to you?

Best regards,

Pierre
martin
[View user's profile]
Site Admin
Make sure you set the DebugLogPath before calling the Open.
Advertisements

You can post new topics in this forum

Search Site

What is WinSCP?

It is award-winning SFTP client, SCP client, FTPS client and FTP client integrated into one software program for file transfer to FTP server or secure SFTP server. [More]

And it's free!

Donate

About donations

$9   $19   $49   $99

About donations

Recommend

WinSCP Privacy Policy

WinSCP License