CWD cmd failed: EDC5129I No such files or directory (z/OS)

Advertisement

TorbenRy

When I connect to z/OS I get this error: CWD cmd failed: EDC5129I No such files or directory (z/OS)
This is content of my "Remote Directory" in the Site Settings, /'<username>.'.

I try to list my Non-UNIX files (PDS).
Can you tell me the syntax for the "Remote Directory" for PDS files.

I'm using WinSCP version 5.11.2 (build 7781)

TIA

Advertisement

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

Re: CWD cmd failed: EDC5129I No such files or directory (z/OS)

Please attach a full session log file showing the problem (using the latest version of WinSCP).

To generate the session log file, enable logging, log in to your server and do the operation and only the operation that causes the error. Submit the log with your post as an attachment. Note that passwords and passphrases not stored in the log. You may want to remove other data you consider sensitive though, such as host names, IP addresses, account names or file names (unless they are relevant to the problem). If you do not want to post the log publicly, you can mark the attachment as private.

TorbenRy

Did you get the attached file?
  • guser1@ftps.plex09.xyz.com.log (8.96 KB, Private file)

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

Sorry for my late reply.
So what if you put just 'guser1.' to the remote directory path (no lead slash)?
Sorry, I do not have an MVS server for testing, so I cannot give you a definitive answer.
Please attach a log file for the new tests in any case.

TorbenRy

martin wrote:

Sorry for my late reply.
Sorry, I do not have an MVS server for testing, so I cannot give you a definitive answer.

Then it looks fine the first time (just realised that). When I connect next time I get the error message again. And I can see that the Directories tab is changed to /'guser1.'.
Now I found the problem, I think. When "Remember last used directory" is enabled you update the Remote directory field and put a / in front.
So when I disabled that feature I can use the connection without error messages.

A very strange thing is that when I try to go up in the structure I always are send to / no matter where I am in the non UNIX structure.

Advertisement

TorbenRy

Did you find anything in the log?

TorbenRy wrote:

martin wrote:

Sorry for my late reply.

Then it looks fine the first time (just realised that). When I connect next time I get the error message again. And I can see that the Directories tab is changed to /'guser1.'.
Now I found the problem, I think. When "Remember last used directory" is enabled you update the Remote directory field and put a / in front.
So when I disabled that feature I can use the connection without error messages.

A very strange thing is that when I try to go up in the structure I always are send to / no matter where I am in the non UNIX structure.

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

TorbenRy wrote:

Did you find anything in the log?
Regarding what? I've understood that you have resolved your problem.

TorbenRy

martin wrote:

Regarding what? I've understood that you have resolved your problem.

Two things:

1. It would be nice for "Remember last used directory" to work in non Unix structure.
2. It is a problem that when you go one level up in non Unix you end up in /. If I'm in User1.u.jcl and go one level up it should take me to User1.u and not to / in USS.

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

TorbenRy wrote:

1. It would be nice for "Remember last used directory" to work in non Unix structure.
2. It is a problem that when you go one level up in non Unix you end up in /. If I'm in User1.u.jcl and go one level up it should take me to User1.u and not to / in USS.
OK, understood. Will consider that.

Advertisement

You can post new topics in this forum