How to pass client authentication for normal users (non-root account) by using public&private key?

Advertisement

Xiaofan

How to pass client authentication for normal users (non-root account) by using public&private key?

I would like to use public & private key to pass the client authentication in Winscp, instead of login password.

One quick question, is it possible for normal users to pass the authentication and login Winscp client by uploading the key(.ppk)? I would like to send files to my counter party via SFTP.

So far we can only pass client authentication for root user by uploading the key file in Winscp. We failed when we try to use normal users (by uploading normal users' key in ppk format).

Appreciated.

Advertisement

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

Re: How to pass client authentication for normal users (non-root account) by using public&private key?

Id not understand what you mean by "pass client authentication". Can you explain?

Xiaofan

Hi Martin,

It actually means by uploading the key file from Winscp, root user can successfully login SFTP.
I think there should be a way to allow normal users to login as well (by uploading key file from Winscp).

Thanks.

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

The procedure is typically the same for root and normal user. But that's not a question for WinSCP. We do not know what your server is like.

Advertisement

You can post new topics in this forum