Able to send files to OpenSSH server from a client, but unable to see files after transfer

Advertisement

zerolmts

Able to send files to OpenSSH server from a client, but unable to see files after transfer

Hello all!

I have a lot of information but I don't know that it's all useful or relevant as I don't really know what the problem is...so I'll start with basic information and you can ask for more detail as it's needed.

I have a Windows 10 system (hereto referred to as [SERVER]), running the OpenSSH server binaries for windows. I have a windows 7 system (hereto referred to as [CLIENT]), that I am using both the WinSCP GUI and winscp.com for command line. When I transfer files from the [CLIENT] to the [SERVER] the transfer completes successfully, and I can see them on the server when I am physically connected and checking in windows explorer; however, I CANNOT see those files in the WinSCP GUI or in the command line when I do an ls. I CAN see the folder those files live in though...

I have checked file and folder permissions on the [SERVER] for the landing directory and the logged in user, as well as all other users, have full read\write\execute rights to the directory (I know it's not secure, but I was just testing). I also tried to use CHMOD 0777 once connected to the [SERVER] and that did not change anything either.

Has anybody experienced this issue?

Advertisement

zerolmts

Re: able to send files to openssh server from a client, but unable to see files after transfer

I did try with the GUI and I cannot see them using that either. If I create files through the GUI or the CLI, I still don't see them, and if I make a file on the remote system through windows explorer or DOS I ALSO still don't see them. I am authenticating between server and client using an public\private key pair so I don't have to have the password in the script that I am using. The user that created the key is the same user that is logged into the active windows session, which is the same user that I made certain has "full control" admin rights to that folder and all subfolders under it, and is a member of the "Administrator" group in the Local Users Group in windows. What really baffles me is that it's just the FILES that I can't see. I can see the directories that the files should sit in.

I turned to the OpenSSH server that I found on the WinSCP site as my last choice because I need to use SFTP due to my organizations security restrictions (FTPS is not an option), and the two machines that have to be linked must be a Windows 10 and Windows 7 box respectively. There is no choice to put a windows server running IIS in the mix.

I tried logging in with FileZilla and am able to see the files through that clients gui, but the problem with FileZilla (and why WinSCP is superior in this instance) is that I can't create an automated script. With WinSCP I am able to create an automated script that will move files back and forth...

Any ideas, or logs that I can send to help resolve the issue? I would be more than happy to provide anything that you need.

rbandur

Cannot see files updated to SFTP

Hello i have the same issue, I use C# code to upload files to SFTP.
Program says the files uploaded successfully, but i cannot see them in WinSCP UI.
I use WinSCP version 5.19
Any help would be really appreciated

Advertisement

Advertisement

You can post new topics in this forum