How do I delete a Workspace?

Advertisement

Advertisement

perlmaster_56

Problem deleting a workspace

I read the help page for deleting a workspace which stated

The Manage > Delete command (or Del key) deletes selected site, site folder or workspace. Deleting a site folder deletes all the sites it contains.

I could not find a "manage" command anywhere under any of the menus. Where can I find this "manage" menu ?

Thanks.

Diode

After deleting a workspace - it comes right back on the next launch

I have a workspace I want to delete - but it won't go away! I right mouse click - and choose Delete. It disappears from the site list. I close WinSCP

If I open WinSCP again - the workspace is back.

Advertisement

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

Re: After deleting a workspace - it comes right back on the next launch

Diode wrote:

I have a workspace I want to delete - but it won't go away! I right mouse click - and choose Delete. It disappears from the site list. I close WinSCP

If I open WinSCP again - the workspace is back.
When you are deleting the workspace, do you have any session opened? Don't you have autosaving of the workspace enabled in preferences? https://winscp.net/eng/docs/ui_pref_window

Here's more detail. I have a workspace labelled FSAN. In it I have a site agile-app-d1, which is also defined as a stand alone site.

When I launch WINSCP and Manage and then delete the workspace entry - its gone.
If I launch WinSCP again - the workspace is not there. If I open any other site and exit gracefully - the workspace FSAN reappears.

I've tried deleting this workspace in the registry - but same issue.

This is WinSCP 5.13.3

Diode

Martin - that did the trick - I had autosaving of workspace enabled and the FSAN workspace was the default workspace. I noticed if I gracefully close all sessions and exit WinSCP it doesn't come back. If I click on the X in the window to force close all sessions I see a message that "FSAN Workspace will be restored" I guess cause it is the default workspace, essentially the UI shouldn't let you delete the default workspace.

Thanks for your help! I'm sending you a donation for $49 for this excellent product!

Eric

Advertisement

You can post new topics in this forum