Network error software caused connection abort, for some SFTP servers but not others

Advertisement

pinkglass26

Network error software caused connection abort, for some SFTP servers but not others

I have been using WinSCP for several years to access files that are stored on someone else's servers. It has always worked with 4 SFTP host names I have used, even with firewalls on.

I tried today to connect to two other SFTP hosts but keep getting the error: network error: software caused connection abort. This happens after the information has been entered and the window comes up saying "Searching for host" and "Connecting to host".

I have confirmed with others that they are able to access the server during the time I have been trying. I have also confirmed that the other hosts I previously used still work so nothing is blocking WinSCP in general.

I have turned off and on Windows Firewall with no change. I have also tried Filezilla and get the same error message.

Does it make any sense that I would be able to connect to some SFTP hosts and not others if the issue was on my end? Anything I can do to fix it? Thanks.

Advertisement

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

Re: Network error software caused connection abort, for some SFTP servers but not others

You should start by contacting the server administrator to check with them, if the connection attempt reaches the server.

nurain

network error: software caused connection abort Error while tunnelling the connection.

I am facing the same problem...

network error: software caused connection abort
Error while tunnelling the connection.
Administratively prohibited (open filed).

Can anyone help to solve it.

Thanks

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

Re: network error: software caused connection abort Error while tunnelling the connection.

nurain wrote:

I am facing the same problem...

Error while tunnelling the connection.
Administratively prohibited (open filed).
Please start a new thread for your problem and attach a full session log file showing the problem (using the latest version of WinSCP).

To generate the session log file, enable logging, log in to your server and do the operation and only the operation that causes the error. Submit the log with your post as an attachment. Note that passwords and passphrases not stored in the log. You may want to remove other data you consider sensitive though, such as host names, IP addresses, account names or file names (unless they are relevant to the problem). If you do not want to post the log publicly, you can mark the attachment as private.

mmusthafa

Hi,

I am also facing the same problem. Sometime I am losing the connection in the middle of a session. I have around ten servers in my WinScp, out of which only two or three having the problem. Please advise!

Advertisement

billa

I'm also facing the issue, using C# on Windows10 and I have added proxy aswell to connect external server(sftp).

please advise.

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

Re: network error: software caused connection abort

billa wrote:

I'm also facing the issue, using C# on Windows10 and I have added proxy aswell to connect external server(sftp).
Thanks for your report.

Can you send me an email, so I can send you back a debug version of WinSCP to track the problem? Please include link back to this topic in your email. Also note in this topic that you have sent the email. Thanks.

You will find my address (if you log in) in my forum profile.

Advertisement

You can post new topics in this forum