Configuration file in cloud

Advertisement

gregy1403

Configuration file in cloud

I noticed that path to external Editor Notepad++ is also stored in configuration file. I have two different WIN systems with different path to editor. Now i have to edit it every day on every machine, since settings are stored in cloud. Tricky, ha? :shock:

Advertisement

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

Re: Configuration file in cloud

Do you have a particular reason to have the editor installed to different folders or each machine?

martin wrote:

Do you have a particular reason to have the editor installed to different folders or each machine?

i don't have it, but Xp and WIN10 have different paths :)

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

Can you be more specific? There was always Program Files, wasn't it? (except maybe on some non-English Windows XP installations, I remember that the path was localized, like C:\Programme on German installations).

In any case, you can use the ProgramFiles environment variable in the path to the editor:
https://winscp.net/eng/docs/local_path

And even if not (e.g. because of 32-bit vs. 64-bit differences), you can create your own environment variable.

Another option is to create a directory junction on the Windows 10 to mimic the Windows XP path.

Advertisement

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

Makc666 wrote:

Like:
%ProgramFiles%\Notepad++\notepad++.exe
There should be double-quotes around, as there's typically a space in the %ProgramFiles%, like:

"%ProgramFiles%\Notepad++\notepad++.exe" !.!

Advertisement

You can post new topics in this forum