WinSCP and PuTTY 0.68 64bit on MS Windows: File 'C:\Program Files (x86)\PuTTY\putty.exe' not found.

Advertisement

t603

WinSCP and PuTTY 0.68 64bit on MS Windows: File 'C:\Program Files (x86)\PuTTY\putty.exe' not found.

Hello, Martin,

can I ask You, if WinSCP does or will support PuTTY 0.68+ 64bit on MS Windows out of the box? Currently on my 64bit MS Win comp WinSCP 5.9.2 after upgrading PuTTY to 0.68 64bit says
File 'C:\Program Files (x86)\PuTTY\putty.exe' not found.
The path to PuTTY in WinSCP is
"%PROGRAMFILES%\PuTTY\putty.exe -t -m "%TEMP%\putty.txt" !`cmd.exe /c echo cd '!/' ; /bin/bash -login > "%TEMP%\putty.txt"`"
When I manually switch to
""C:\Program Files\PuTTY\putty.exe" -t -m "%TEMP%\putty.txt" !`cmd.exe /c echo cd '!/' ; /bin/bash -login > "%TEMP%\putty.txt"`"
... WinSCP works well, although "cd %PROGRAMFILES%" shows to "C:\Program Files".

I did not found any marks about PuTTY 0.68 nor PuTTY 64bit in WinSCP's Recent Version History page. Yes, I can stay in bot 32bit WinSCP and PuTTY, but I am just asking.

Regards, Stepan

Advertisement

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

Re: WinSCP and PuTTY 0.68 64bit on MS Windows: File 'C:\Program Files (x86)\PuTTY\putty.exe' not found.

Currently WinSCP does not support 64-bit version of PuTTY out-of-the-box. You have to reconfigure PuTTY path to point to 64-bit version, like you did.

Next version of WinSCP will support it.

Advertisement

You can post new topics in this forum