2FA

Advertisement

Jaes

2FA

Hi

I am new to forum and to Linux world.
how I can enable 2FA on WinSCP.
I can establish SSH session using 2FA. I can successfully establish SFTP session using LDAP accou however when I typing in LDAP account configured for 2FA. it takes the first password then dont present the another screen/box to type in code.
wondering if i have to allow 2FA with in WINSCP or different version I would need ?
currently I am using WinSCP version 5.15.5

Advertisement

DragonZX
Translator

It's interesting, but what for? You may restrict the configuration file in your own directory, then give an access to other employees if you want. Or use portable version in each account.
I think, this question need some extra explanations of usecase.

UPD: Sorry, I read it not carefully. So, anyway I want to help, but I need a descriftion of 2FA engine (Google auth or what?)

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

Re: 2FA

Jaes wrote:

how I can enable 2FA on WinSCP.
I can establish SSH session using 2FA. I can successfully establish SFTP session using LDAP accou however when I typing in LDAP account configured for 2FA. it takes the first password then dont present the another screen/box to type in code.
wondering if i have to allow 2FA with in WINSCP or different version I would need ?
currently I am using WinSCP version 5.15.5
WinSCP supports 2FA.
But maybe your server implements it incorrectly.
For 2FA to work with SFTP clients, it needs to be implemented using SSH keyboard interactive authentication. Some old implementations instead present the further prompts only after the actual SSH login using plain shall prompts. But SFTP clients never use shell.
Do I assume correctly, that you cannot use any SFTP client with your server?

Advertisement

You can post new topics in this forum