View remote directory with more then 1000 files chrashes

Advertisement

View remote directory with more then 1000 files chrashes

I'm using WinSCP 5.9.6 (build 7601) on my Windows 10 (64 bit Pro, version 1703, build 15063.483) machine and access one remote drive connected to my FritzBox with use of FTP. All went well as long as I don't try to access one remote directory which contains more then 1000 files. In this case WinSCP chrashes after reading 1300-1400 files with the following Windows message: "WinSCP: SFTP, FTP, WebDAV and SCP client does not work anymore. There is one problem with this program and it will be closed. If there is a solution for this problem you will get informed." (see as well attached screenshoot). This error happens out of WinSCP GUI as well in case I use one script calling 'WinSCP.com'. There is no 'fixed' number of read files after this problem occurs, sometimes it chrashes after 1320 files, sometimes after 1400 files and it only occurs in the remote 'view', there is no problme to view any local directory with such large number of files.
Would be great if there is one solution for this problem.

Advertisement

With use of the task manager I checked the memory consumption out of WinSCP.exe during accessing the remote directory with more than 1000 files and it looks like a memory problem out of WinSCP. As soon as I try to 'open' the remote view of this specific folder, I can see that WinSCP starts to read the included files and displays the number of already read files. Additional the memory consumption out of WinSCP increases a lot, e.g. it chrashes after it reaches ~470MB.
This looks like some memory leak out of WinSCP associated to remote folder parcing.

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

Re: View remote directory with more then 1000 files chrashes

Thanks for your report.

Can you send me an email, so I can send you back a debug version of WinSCP to track the problem? Please include link back to this topic in your email. Also note in this topic that you have sent the email. Thanks.

You will find my address (if you log in) in my forum profile.

Advertisement

You can post new topics in this forum