WinSCP Client in WS 2012

Advertisement

or77

WinSCP Client in WS 2012

Hi,

I am unable to connect to a SFTP site when running the WinSCP client on Windows Server 2012 R2.
I can successfully connect to a FTP site but not SFTP.

Please help

Advertisement

or77

Re: WinSCP Client in WS 2012

or77 wrote:

Hi,

I am unable to connect to a SFTP site when running the WinSCP client on Windows Server 2012 R2.
I can successfully connect to a FTP site but not SFTP.

Please help

The problem in only in WS2012, If I run the client from W10 it connects.

Thanks

or77

martin wrote:

What error are you getting?
Can you connect with any other SFTP client?

Connection Refused / Connection Timeout

We can connect through a W10 machine but I want have the application running on a server instead.
My W10 pc and WS2012 server are on the same network using the same gateway (hence same firewall rules applied).

I also asked a friend of mine to test on his brand new WS2012 and same problem occurs.

If a try an FTP site I am able to connect from WS2012.

Looks like WS2012 is blocking some SSH/port/service by default?!?!

I will try other client and let you know

or77 wrote:

martin wrote:

We can connect through a W10 machine but I want have the application running on a server instead.
My W10 pc and WS2012 server are on the same network using the same gateway (hence same firewall rules applied).

I also asked a friend of mine to test on his brand new WS2012 and same problem occurs.

I think is definitely an issue in WS2012: I tried SmartFTP, same issue... can connect SFTP from W10 cant connect SFTP from WS2012...

Advertisement

Anonymous wrote:

or77 wrote:

martin wrote:

I think is definitely an issue in WS2012: I tried SmartFTP, same issue... can connect SFTP from W10 cant connect SFTP from WS2012...

Event putty SSH client is not working on WS2012...

To make myself clear: I would like to connect to a SSH server from WS2012.

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

Then you need to contact your network/server administrator.

martin wrote:

I am the system administrator and I have access to everything.

For some reason Windows Server (tried also on WS 2008 R2) does not allow connection on port 22/SSH.

I have a background application to download/upload data from FTP (on port 21) and SFTP servers (on port 22) using WinSCP dll. The application runs on a very old Windows XP machine and it has been running for years.
Now I am trying to move the application to a WS2012 R2 server and I noticed connection to SFTP servers times out. So I started to track the issue and finally I decided to use putty SSH (CLIENT) on WS2012 R2 to see if the problem was with WinSCP or not. None of them work, I also tried Bitvise with no luck.

I think there is definitely something on Windows Server blocking port 22 or SSH. I do not need to setup a SSH server, I just need a SSH client able to run on Windows Server 2012 R2.

If anyone had the same issue please reply to this post as I still unable to make SFTP/SSH/port 22 CLIENT works on WS2012R2.

Many Thanks in advance

Omar

Anonymous wrote:

martin wrote:

I am the system administrator and I have access to everything.

For some reason Windows Server (tried also on WS 2008 R2) does not allow connection on port 22/SSH.

I have a background application to download/upload data from FTP (on port 21) and SFTP servers (on port 22) using WinSCP dll. The application runs on a very old Windows XP machine and it has been running for years.
Now I am trying to move the application to a WS2012 R2 server and I noticed connection to SFTP servers times out. So I started to track the issue and finally I decided to use putty SSH (CLIENT) on WS2012 R2 to see if the problem was with WinSCP or not. None of them work, I also tried Bitvise with no luck.

I think there is definitely something on Windows Server blocking port 22 or SSH. I do not need to setup a SSH server, I just need a SSH client able to run on Windows Server 2012 R2.

If anyone had the same issue please reply to this post as I still unable to make SFTP/SSH/port 22 CLIENT works on WS2012R2.

Many Thanks in advance

Omar

Wireshark

Connecting from W10:

sourceIP destIP TCP 66 39882 → 22 [SYN] Seq=0 Win=8192 Len=0 MSS=1460 WS=256 SACK_PERM=1
sourceIP destIP TCP 54 39882 → 22 [ACK] Seq=1 Ack=1 Win=65792 Len=0
OK

from WS2012R2:

sourceIP destIP TCP 66 40389 → 22 [SYN, ECN, CWR] Seq=0 Win=8192 Len=0 MSS=1460 WS=256 SACK_PERM=1
then nothing hence time out

Both PC and Server share same LAN, same Gateway, same router, Firewall turned off on the server (already tried to add exception IN and OUT for port 22).

any clue?

Advertisement

You can post new topics in this forum