Wrong Last Modified Date displayed in WinSCP for remote SFTP files modified during DST shift

Advertisement

jay1337

Wrong Last Modified Date displayed in WinSCP for remote SFTP files modified during DST shift

I have an issue with daylight saving time (DST, summer time).
I use WinSCP to copy a folder on a macOS Sierra, using french local time on both. Due to DST, at 29/10/17 03:00:00, local time was reset to 29/10/17 02:00:00.
I have some files on my Windows computer with a Last Modified Date between 29/10/17 02:00:00 and 29/10/17 03:00:00 (local time).
When I copy these files from my Windows computer to my Mac computer through SFTP (default mac remote access), the Last Modified Date of copied files on my Mac are ok (checking with Finder) but they are wrong in WinSCP (it displays dates between 29/10/17 03:00:00 and 29/10/17 04:00:00).

I'm using 5.11.2 (7781) on Windows 10 64bits.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Advertisement

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

Re: Wrong Last Modified Date displayed in WinSCP for remote SFTP files modified during DST shift

Please attach a full session log file showing the problem (using the latest version of WinSCP).

To generate the session log file, enable logging, log in to your server and do the operation and only the operation that causes the error. Submit the log with your post as an attachment. Note that passwords and passphrases not stored in the log. You may want to remove other data you consider sensitive though, such as host names, IP addresses, account names or file names (unless they are relevant to the problem). If you do not want to post the log publicly, you can mark the attachment as private.

jay1337

As you can see in the logs:
- time of the original file is 0h44 UTC => ok with what is displayed by WinSCP in local files and Windows Explorer
- time preserved by WinSCP is 2h44 UTC => nok with original file time nor with what is diplaid by Finder (0h44 UTC) BUT ok with what is displayed by WinSCP in remote files
- time downloaded by WinSCP is 2h44 UTC

Strange...

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

"full session log" log file please. Including a complete header.

Also was the file created between 2-3 before or after the DST?

jay1337

The original file was created at 0h44 UTC so 2h44 summer time so before the DST "reset" to 2h

An anonymized log of a session beginning is attached to this post.

Thanks for working on this issue.

Advertisement

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

jay1337 wrote:

The original file was created at 0h44 UTC so 2h44 summer time so before the DST "reset" to 2h
Are you sure?
It actually works correctly for me for files created on 0:44 UTC.
I have problems with files created on 1:44 UTC. First, WinSCP logs them as 0:44 UTC. And after upload the file has 2:44 UTC. So exactly the same what you get.

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

jay1337 wrote:

So you can reproduce the bug ? You've found how to fix it ?
Yes, I can reproduce it. But a fix would be difficult. So it will take time.

Advertisement

Sandyytriggs

Time of remote files in AIX changes

Time of remotely copied files in AIX changes. When I copy file from windows node to AIX server the time of the file changes to 11 hrs behind. My timezone is +5.30 (ZONE - IST).Pls guide.

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

Re: Time of remote files in AIX changes

Sandyytriggs wrote:

Time of remotely copied files in AIX changes. When I copy file from windows node to AIX server the time of the file changes to 11 hrs behind. My timezone is +5.30 (ZONE - IST).Pls guide.
Please start a new thread. And include a full session log file. Thanks.

Advertisement

You can post new topics in this forum