Incompatible external console protocol version 7

Advertisement

kshah@...

Incompatible external console protocol version 7

Hello,

I have 2 servers, production and QA. I have WinSCP 5.11.2 installed on both of them. I am using SSIS package & it's script task to bring files from SFTP server to local directory. In the script task I am using ASP.Net C# code with WinSCP assembly. Now the exact same process is working fine in production server but in QA it gives me this error,

SSIS package "WinSCPTaskMoveFiles.dtsx" starting.

Error: 0x0 at Copy Files from Client SFTP using WinSCP: Error when using WinSCP to download file: WinSCP.SessionRemoteException: Incompatible external console protocol version 7.

at WinSCP.SessionLogReader.Read(LogReadFlags flags)
at WinSCP.ElementLogReader.Read(LogReadFlags flags)
at WinSCP.SessionElementLogReader.Read(LogReadFlags flags)
at WinSCP.CustomLogReader.TryWaitForNonEmptyElement(String localName, LogReadFlags flags)
at WinSCP.CustomLogReader.WaitForNonEmptyElement(String localName, LogReadFlags flags)
at WinSCP.CustomLogReader.WaitForGroupAndCreateLogReader()
at WinSCP.Session.Open(SessionOptions sessionOptions)
at ST_971659f39ebe471190e64cc5ba1bad03.csproj.ScriptMain.Main()

Warning: 0x80019002 at Copy Files from Client SFTP using WinSCP: SSIS Warning Code DTS_W_MAXIMUMERRORCOUNTREACHED. The Execution method succeeded, but the number of errors raised (1) reached the maximum allowed (1); resulting in failure. This occurs when the number of errors reaches the number specified in MaximumErrorCount. Change the MaximumErrorCount or fix the errors.

Task failed: Copy Files from Client SFTP using WinSCP

Warning: 0x80019002 at WinSCPTaskMoveFiles: SSIS Warning Code DTS_W_MAXIMUMERRORCOUNTREACHED. The Execution method succeeded, but the number of errors raised (1) reached the maximum allowed (1); resulting in failure. This occurs when the number of errors reaches the number specified in MaximumErrorCount. Change the MaximumErrorCount or fix the errors.

SSIS package "WinSCPTaskMoveFiles.dtsx" finished: Failure.

Advertisement

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

Re: Incompatible external console protocol version 7

You must have incompatible versions of winscp.exe and winscpnet.dll on the machine.

And to even get this error, you must have Session.DisableVersionCheck set, contrary to recommendations.

Read how the binaries should be installed correctly:
https://winscp.net/eng/docs/library_install

If this does not help, please post a full debug log file (Session.DebugLogPath).

Advertisement

You can post new topics in this forum