Index.html files disappear after saving

Advertisement

Frizzman

Index.html files disappear after saving

as soon as i edit and save an index file in any of my folders. they vanish and my site is down...i have created new files...and they stay until i save them as index.html.
i saved one called new file and it stayed until i pasted the html from the index file in it...it was still named new file and it still vanished.

currently my site is down and all i have is a cached copy of the index from early this week

all pictures css java etc are still intact

urls display

Forbidden
You don't have permission to access / on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Apache Server at www.radhotchilipeppers.com Port 80

Advertisement

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

Re: Index.html files disappear after saving

Please attach a full session log file showing the problem (using the latest version of WinSCP).

To generate the session log file, enable logging, log in to your server and do the operation and only the operation that causes the error. Submit the log with your post as an attachment. Note that passwords and passphrases not stored in the log. You may want to remove other data you consider sensitive though, such as host names, IP addresses, account names or file names (unless they are relevant to the problem). If you do not want to post the log publicly, you can mark the attachment as private.

Advertisement

You can post new topics in this forum