Remote server change directory

Advertisement

Cadel

Remote server change directory

C# WinSCP code logs into remote server and puts me in /root/A folder. I want to go to folder /root/B folder. How do I upload a file to /root/B folder?
Code works to login, just can't get to the correct folder. When I run the code below, I get error:
Cannot create remote file, no such file or directory.
I'm sure it is trying to append to the /root/A folder and I need it to go one step up to root then go to B folder.
SessionOptions sessionOptions = new SessionOptions
{
    Protocol = Protocol.Sftp,
    HostName = sftpHost,
    UserName = sftpUsername,
    Password = sftpPassword,
    SshHostKeyFingerprint = "ssh-rsa ...",
    SshPrivateKeyPath = @"P:\...",
};

using (Session session = new Session())
{
    // Connect
    session.Open(sessionOptions);

// Upload files
    TransferOptions transferOptions = new TransferOptions();
    transferOptions.TransferMode = TransferMode.Binary;

TransferOperationResult transferResult;
    transferResult =
        session.PutFiles(strFileName, "/root/b/filename.rec", false, transferOptions);

// Throw on any error
    transferResult.Check();
}

Advertisement

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

Re: Remote server change directory

Cadel wrote:

I'm sure it is trying to append to the /root/A folder and I need it to go one step up to root then go to B folder.
No it's not. As you have specified an absolute path as /root/b/filename.rec, WinSCP is uploading exactly there. The home path (/root/A) is not involved at all.
Can you upload the file using WinSCP GUI?

Cadel

Yes, using WinSCP application, I am able to get to /root/B folder, and save file to /root/B folder. When I login using WinSCP application the /root/A folder is shown, then I click on the icon in the toolbar, "Parent directory" the folder with the up arrow, and then I'm in the parent folder and can see folder A and folder B. I double click folder B, then upload my file to folder B.
The account on the server defaults to /root/A folder. I asked the admin to default my user account to folder B and she said "No".

So, in my code how do I change the directory? Currently my code appends folder B to folder A. So it looks like this /root/A/root/B/filename I want just /root/B/filename.

sy_christine

Re: Found the answer

Hi,

I ran into the same issue as you. Could you please kindly elaborate on how you solved this issue? I don't find the above Stack Overflow link helpful.

I'd appreciate it a lot!

Advertisement

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

Re: Found the answer

@sy_christine: It would help, if your actually elaborate on your problem and share some logs. (Indeed I do not understand myself, what does the Stack Overflow link have to do with this problem).

Advertisement

You can post new topics in this forum