"open" not completely logging in

Advertisement

Dradden

"open" not completely logging in

Trying to get this set so WinSCP will keep the local (Windows) folder synchronized with the remote (Linux) machine folder.

Script:
@echo off
"C:\Program Files (x86)\WinSCP\WinSCP.exe"
open sftp://root@ipremoved/ -hostkey="hostkey_removed=" -privatekey="D:\Cryp\server\Private Keys\server_key.ppk"
"synchronize local D:\server backups /root/winscp_sync"
"exit"
set WINSCP_RESULT=%ERRORLEVEL%
if %WINSCP_RESULT% equ 0 (
echo Success
) else (
echo Error
)
exit /b %WINSCP_RESULT
This opens WinSCP program itself but stops there. What am I missing? Pageant is running and logging in normally with the program is fine.

Advertisement

Dradden

Thanks, that helped some. Connection is now working, but it complains about unknown command and path. I am not sure why. Here is the output:
C:\Program Files (x86)\WinSCP>winscp.com /command "open sftp://root@removed/ -hostkey="removed=" -privatekey="D:\Cryp\server\Private Keys\server.ppk"" ^
Searching for host...
Connecting to host...
Authenticating...
Using username "root".
Authenticating with public key "server" from agent.
Authenticated.
Starting the session...
Session started.
Active session: [1] root@removed
Unknown command '256'.

C:\Program Files (x86)\WinSCP>"synchronize local D:\server backups /root/winscp_sync"
The filename, directory name, or volume label syntax is incorrect.
The directories are correct, triple checked. Not sure if related to the "Unknown command '256'."

New .bat contents:
cd C:\Program Files (x86)\WinSCP
winscp.com /command ^
"open sftp://root@removed/ -hostkey="removed=" -privatekey="D:\Cryp\server\Private Keys\server.ppk"" ^
"synchronize local D:\server backups /root/winscp_sync"
Do you see why it is failing?

Advertisement

Dradden

Edit: I have fixed the below it was as you had said quotes. Now WinSCP opens and stalls at winscp>. It isn't executing the synchronize local command for some reason.

I have tried that and get the same result:
"open sftp://root@removed/ -hostkey="ssh-ed25519 256 removed=" -privatekey="D:\Cryp\server\Private Keys\server.ppk"""
That part works ok, the actual directories I have an issue with it seems. Have tried a few different variations.
"synchronize local D:\server_backups /root/winscp_sync"
"synchronize local "D:\server_backups" "/root/winscp_sync"""
Always get back the same:
C:\Program Files (x86)\WinSCP>winscp.com /command "open sftp://root@removed/ -hostkey="ssh-ed25519 256 removed=" -privatekey="D:\Cryp\server\Private Keys\server.ppk"""
Searching for host...
Connecting to host...
Authenticating...
Using username "root".
Authenticating with public key "server" from agent.
Authenticated.
Starting the session...
Session started.
Active session: [1] root@removed
Unknown command '256'.

C:\Program Files (x86)\WinSCP>"synchronize local D:\server_backups /root/winscp_sync"
The filename, directory name, or volume label syntax is incorrect.

Dradden

I got this working, thanks for the help :) Leaving it here maybe will help somebody out.
cd C:\Program Files (x86)\WinSCP
winscp.com /command ^
   "open sftp://root@removed/ -hostkey=""ssh-ed25519 256 removed="" -privatekey=""D:\Cryp\server\Private Keys\server.ppk""" ^
   "synchronize local D:\server_backups /root/winscp_sync" ^
   "exit"

Advertisement

You can post new topics in this forum