WinSCP can't handle custom ini location / WinSCP won't save storage settings

Advertisement

draeconis

WinSCP can't handle custom ini location / WinSCP won't save storage settings

I once chose a custom ini location for WinSCP. While organizing my files that location was deleted. Now every time I open WinSCP it screams that it cannot read .../WinSCP.ini. If I re-create the file at that location, it reads it fine. If I try to change the settings to anything else - custom ini file, Windows registry... Doesn't matter. As soon as that custom location file is gone - it screams and will not load my sites, even though my settings clearly state another location. It is even impossible to switch to Windows registry since every time I choose it, it deletes the .../WinSCP.ini file on its own and next time it opens it screams it cannot find it and when opening settings the chosen storage method is automatic ini file instead of registry as I chose.

I have tried uninstalling and re-installing to no avail. Using current latest version.

Advertisement

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

Re: WinSCP can't handle custom ini location / WinSCP won't save storage settings

Thanks for your report. Though I cannot reproduce the problem.

Can you send me an email, so I can send you back a debug version of WinSCP to track the problem? Please include link back to this topic in your email. Also note in this topic that you have sent the email. Thanks.

You will find my address (if you log in) in my forum profile.

Advertisement

You can post new topics in this forum