Font size

Advertisement

Advertisement

verysame

WinSCP seems to not follow Win10 UHD settings. On my screen UI fonts look rather small.
It would be great to have the option in the future to change fonts size.

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

There's a link in my post above to the font size settings.

Anyway, what version of WinSCP are you using? Can you post a screenshot of your problem?

verysame

Thank you, Martin

Here's a screenshot showing WinSCP UI next to another program I'm running just to compare font size:

I read the advice here on the forum how to increase font size, and from my understanding the steps provided from the link in your signature achieve the same results. Basically, changing font size through the windows settings is an OS tweak, which I already did by the way as I'm using an UHD monitor. What I'm missing is the option to further customize the fonts in WinSCP itself.

Since I'm using a second monitor which is a HD 1080 screen, I run WinSCP on that monitor and I'm fine. Only I wish it was possible to have larger fonts for better reading on UHD screens and not-so good eyes anymore like in my case ;)

Advertisement

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

verysame wrote:

Since I'm using a second monitor which is a HD 1080 screen, I run WinSCP on that monitor and I'm fine. Only I wish it was possible to have larger fonts for better reading on UHD screens and not-so good eyes anymore like in my case ;)
You can set different "scale" for each of your monitors.

martin wrote:

You can set different "scale" for each of your monitors.
That's what I already did. In the screenshot I posted above the other software in background is using the scaled fonts for the UHD monitor.
Like I said before, I'm using WinSCP in the HD monitor only, which is fine.

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

So are you saying that WinSCP does not adjust to the scale of the monitor? What version of WinSCP are you using?

Advertisement

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

I think it does adjust only it seems as if that's as big the font can be in WinSCP.
Sorry, I do not understand what you mean.
Can you post a screenshot of WinSCP next to Windows File Explorer?

matthias2022

winscp font size in the explorer section can't be enlarged

I just have read these statements.
Increasing the system font is not the right way, cause any other app would be affected too.
Now it is 4 years later than the start of this issue.
Question: Is it a too time consuming to make the font size adjustable?

MikeA

Why do tech support, admins and moderators refuse to acknowledge issues?

I'll never understand the logic of admins and moderators who spend their who time trying to say an issue is not an issue. They give up their time, so why not make it useful?

WinSCP, very clearly, is not using the system font size in Windows 10 when that size is set to larger than default.

But as usual, what is completely misunderstood is the simple point that, if the font is too small for a user, it is too small. It makes this app close to unusable for anyone that needs a larger font.

If time was spent trying to help, these types of forums would be so much more useful.

Advertisement

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

Re: Why do tech support, admins and moderators refuse to acknowledge issues?

@MikeA: If WinSCP is not using the system font size in Windows 10 when that size is set to larger than default than I'm happy to work with you on fixing it. Can you post a screenshot of that? And of your Windows 10 display settings? And even better step-by-step instructions to reproducing your environment?

But I have to say I do not agree with your idea that I should make WinSCP use different font size than the rest of the system, if users want that. It makes no sense to me. If the font is too small in WinSCP, it's too small everywhere. So change it everywhere.

i think need like "look scale" if scale is more of 100
any code for zoom program like size Y * (1* 0.scale) or any code for make elements bigger. on my Surface Pro is 200% i need set Font

DK

@martin: You can make a case as to why you won't add text resizing, but it seems weird to argue against multiple people saying they want a certain feature.

I'd like to specifically increase the text size in WinSCP, the default size is a bit too small to be comfortable for me personally. And no I don't want to resize all text in my OS. Resizing all text in the entire OS because I find this app a bit hard to read isn't ideal. If it would take resources that you don't have then that's that, but there are apparently some users which would like customizable font in WinSCP.

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

@DK: Can you please explain how can the same font be hard to read in WinSCP, but ok for other applications?

Advertisement

Glenn

@martin: Hi,

I'm on a W10 machine and I am having the same issue. Fonts are fine with other apps, but too small in WinSCP. If everything was scaled to the desired font size in WinSCP, the font would be too large in other apps.

It would be an improvement and enhancement if the font size could be changed in the same manner as the internal editor.

Thank you

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

@Glenn: Please post a screenshot of the problem. And a screenshot of your Windows 10 display settings.

Advertisement

You can post new topics in this forum