Transfer mode affecting editor

Advertisement

henry3
Donor

Transfer mode affecting editor

Version 5.13.2(Build 8455) I noticed something odd. When I have transfer mode set to txt and open a file for editing the line endings change in the temp file. It does not happen when binary is selected for file transfer. In the editor settings the forced transfer txt is unchecked. Should the transfer mode affect editing ?

Advertisement

henry3
Donor

Re: Transfer mode affecting editor

martin wrote:

Yes, transfer mode should affect editing.
It seems Counter-intuitive since there is a checkbox if you wanted the editor to always operate in txt mode. I think the editor should show me the file exactly as it is on the server by default, rather than having it change behavior based on the transfer mode.

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

Re: Transfer mode affecting editor

henry3 wrote:

It seems Counter-intuitive since there is a checkbox if you wanted the editor to always operate in txt mode.
The checkbox says "force", meaning that it overrides the transfer mode to ascii, even if binary is selected. Not not the other way around. That's for editors that do not support *nix style line endings (like Notepad).

I think the editor should show me the file exactly as it is on the server by default, rather than having it change behavior based on the transfer mode.
I actually do not agree with your view.

Thanks for you opinion anyway, will consider it.

Advertisement

You can post new topics in this forum