WinSCP hangs for a few moments

Advertisement

Nodayswithout

WinSCP hangs for a few moments

Version 5.13.2 (Build 8455)
Hello, by using FTP, sometimes every few minutes WinSCP just hangs for some seconds, also when doing nothing.
While browsing or even when its windows is not on focus, I see the window title changing to "Not responding" and the software just grey out for a few seconds.

This is happening to me from some time.
I initially thought it was a server problem but I've had no issues at all by trying to use the same server with any other FTP software.

Then I did a quick debugging server side and... I would be very interested to understand why WinSCP is continuously trying to access files as folders.
Also when idling in the background, he is repeatingly doing that - at least every minute - on the files of the same remote folder currently opened.
On that occasion I see hundreds of lines of this kind of spam on my server logs:
Error: 'Not a directory' while changing directory to '<file name>'
And in the meanwhile the interface completely freeze.

Can I do something to help to fix this issue?

Advertisement

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

Re: WinSCP hangs for a few moments

Please attach a full session log file showing the problem (using the latest version of WinSCP).

To generate the session log file, enable logging, log in to your server and do the operation and only the operation that causes the error. Submit the log with your post as an attachment. Note that passwords and passphrases not stored in the log. You may want to remove other data you consider sensitive though, such as host names, IP addresses, account names or file names (unless they are relevant to the problem). If you do not want to post the log publicly, you can mark the attachment as private.

Advertisement

You can post new topics in this forum