error could not retrieve directory listing..unable to open data connection

Advertisement

ljmace1953

error could not retrieve directory listing..unable to open data connection

This was a problem off and with whether using a script or the gui, but now is constantly failing. It was doing this under an older version as well as the most current. I am able to xfer the file using filezilla but we'd prefer to let the script mange file xfers.
We are windows 10 winscp 5.13.2 build 8455.
a funny thing just occurred, while getting the version and build it actually worked, but in trying it again it fails.I have a log
  • dolcftp01@ftp.dps.ohio.gov.log (39.43 KB, Private file)

Advertisement

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

Re: error could not retrieve directory listing..unable to open data connection

So what does the log show? That sometimes you are able to retrieve a directory listing, and sometimes not?

While it's always possible with FileZilla, right? Can you post a verbose FileZilla log file showing a sequence of successes?

ljmace1953

The winscp log shows on unsuccessful attempts a rc=1, which if I'm not mistaken is a failure to do something. I was hoping you'd be able to ID where the failure is so I may contact the servers' owner and tell them where their problem is.
I also am attaching a filezilla log with several successful attempts as requested.

Thank you
Larry
  • filezilla.log (8.37 KB, Private file)

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

Can you try increasing logging level in WinSCP and again post a log file showing few successful and few failing transfers/listings?

ljmace1953

Unfortunately I haven't been able to connect successfully since my last update, but I will give you my current log.
I've asked my network team to look into this as the server site is giving me no help.

Thank you
Larry
  • dolcftp01@ftp.dps.ohio.gov.log (235.65 KB, Private file)
Description: all failures can not successfully log in at this time

Advertisement

Advertisement

You can post new topics in this forum