Problem opening PuTTY from WinSCP

Advertisement

Problem opening PuTTY from WinSCP

I have two Win7 Pro computers and have been using WinSCP successfully for years on both of them. Now, on just one of them [?!?], for the last month or so, I have had this problem:

When I try to open PuTTY from WinSCP, I get the situation shown in the attached screen shot: "Unexpected SSH_MSG_UNIMPLEMENTED packet". This does not happen when I open PuTTY standalone, and it doesn't happen on my other computer.

I've looked on the net for solutions, but none of them I have found seem to work. The ones I have tried include changing the order of the key exchange algorithms (see https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tywQX5wTKvQ) - I can't do this because I can't get to the PuTTY settings when PuTTY is launched within WinSCP. I saw some other suggestions involving firewalls etc, but none produced anything actionable. And I can't find any possibly relevant difference between the environments in my two computers.

~ Thanks in advance for your help!
~ Kenatsun
  • WinSCP cant open PuTTY.png (64.8 KB, Private file)

Advertisement

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

Re: Problem opening PuTTY from WinSCP

Please attach PuTTY event log for both: when you open PuTTY from WinSCP and when you "open PuTTY standalone".

Advertisement

You can post new topics in this forum