GID and UID no longer displayed in file properties

Advertisement

probreport

GID and UID no longer displayed in file properties

I always used SFTP to connect remote machines and i always got UID and GID within file preferences.
Now i switch from SFTP to SCP and UID and GID are no longer shown in file preferences.
If i switch back to SFTP they are shown again.

If i create a completely new connection which was never created in WinSCP i get no UID and no GID no matter if i use SFTP or SCP.

Advertisement

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

Re: GID and UID no longer displayed in file properties

Please attach a full session log file showing the problem (using the latest version of WinSCP).

To generate the session log file, enable logging, log in to your server and do the operation and only the operation that causes the error. Submit the log with your post as an attachment. Note that passwords and passphrases not stored in the log. You may want to remove other data you consider sensitive though, such as host names, IP addresses, account names or file names (unless they are relevant to the problem). If you do not want to post the log publicly, you can mark the attachment as private.

probreport

requested logfile

Hi Martin,
attached the requested log.
Greets,
Thomas
  • 0_Produktion-(PU)-Zentral-ARCO-arcodblb---LIBELLE.log (12.99 KB, Private file)

Advertisement

Re: requested logfile

Did some further testing.
Seems to be a problem relatet to SCP. If i use SFTP instead of SCP the GID and UID are displayed. But this does not solve the problem. I can see the UID and GID but i can't get everywhere in the file system because i am not root.

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

I can see the UID and GID but i can't get everywhere in the file system because i am not root.
Sorry, I do not understand what you mean by this.

martin wrote:

I can see the UID and GID but i can't get everywhere in the file system because i am not root.
Sorry, I do not understand what you mean by this.

It means that i can see UID and GID if i use SFTP but i can't change directories because i am not user "root". So i switched to SCP using "sudo -i" as SCP(Shell). Now i can change directories but can't see UID and GID anymore.

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

With SCP protocol, WinSCP does not show UID/GID. That's as expected.

I've asked for an SFTP log file, because of "If i create a completely new connection which was never created in WinSCP i get no UID and no GID no matter if i use SFTP or SCP."

Advertisement

You can post new topics in this forum