Windows IIS question

Advertisement

dotnetme

Windows IIS question

Ok i searched and found some answers, but I'm not sure of a few things... i know ftp and sftp are 2 different things... but my sever has IIS running on it and i use it for FTP, can i use the same server for SFTP??? also i install openSSH and winscp... i'm confused because i set up regular ftp sites to different ip addresses on the same server through IIS but with sftp nowhere did i set up the ip addresses so i just use the server name??? Did i miss something???

vin :?:

Advertisement

vipkat

Re: Windows IIS question

dotnetme wrote:

Ok i searched and found some answers, but I'm not sure of a few things... i know ftp and sftp are 2 different things... but my sever has IIS running on it and i use it for FTP, can i use the same server for SFTP??? also i install openSSH and winscp... i'm confused because i set up regular ftp sites to different ip addresses on the same server through IIS but with sftp nowhere did i set up the ip addresses so i just use the server name??? Did i miss something???

vin :?:

sounds like an issue setting up a ssh server not a winscp issue

dotnetme

Re: You need...

Sooner Al wrote:

...to setup a SSH server since WinSCP can not connect to a FTP server. Personally I use CopSSH on one of my XP Pro boxes as my SSH server of choice...

https://www.itefix.net/copssh?module=pagemaster&PAGE_user_op=view_page&PAGE_id=12&MMN_position=22:22

I also recommend you use a private/public key pair versus a password for authentication.

<invalid hyperlink removed by admin>

Thanks this setup work much better for me... got it all working...

Thank You

Vin :D

Advertisement

You can post new topics in this forum