Trying to automate get -delete

Advertisement

Roman Belousov

Trying to automate get -delete

Hey guys, so I've created bunn_get.txt in C:\Program Files (x86)\WinSCP and it goes like this:
open sftp://<key>@ftp.axiscloudplatform.com/ -hostkey="ssh-rsa 2048 <another key>="

cd /out
lcd C:\GD\Emails\Bunnings

get -delete *.xml
#also tried get -delete *.xml C:\GD\Emails\Bunnings

exit

# Execute the script using a command like:
# "C:\Program Files (x86)\WinSCP\WinSCP.exe" /log="C:\GD\Emails\Bunnings\archive\WinSCP.log" /ini=nul /script="C:\bunn_get.txt"
And I've created bunn_edi.bat in c:\
"C:\Program Files (x86)\WinSCP\WinSCP.exe" /log="C:\GD\Emails\Bunnings\archive\WinSCP.log" /ini=nul /script="C:\bunnings_get.txt
Nothing's happening. When I try to open the terminal window in WinSCP, I get the error:
Authentication log (see session log for details):
Using username "<username>".

Authentication failed.
Any ideas?

My Regards
Roman
Candoo Business Systems

Advertisement

Roman Belousov

I was able to figure WinSCP automation out. For your info, here's what works:
  1. Get WinSCP to generate the script for you. You'll need the line at the top as that contains the SSL certificate as well as a properly-formatted user and password authentication.
  2. For some reason the instructions at the bottom of the file generated by WinSCP don't work, so instead do this;
  3. Create a batch file, in my case I saved in c:\. The file has the following 3 lines:
    cd\
    cd Program Files (x86)\WinSCP
    type get_script.txt | winscp
  4. create get_script.txt in Program Files (x86)\WinSCP (the standard directory it installs in), it contains the following 5 lines:
    open sftp://<the rest of that first line from step 1>

cd /out
    lcd C:\XML

get -delete *.xml

exit
  5. your files will appear in C:\XML.
You have to use the type command in the batch file, simply listing the commands stops working as soon as you're in WinSCP's prompt (it has its own prompt).

I hope this comes in handy later, thank you and good luck.

My regards,
Roman Belousov
www.candoo.com.au

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

Roman Belousov wrote:

For some reason the instructions at the bottom of the file generated by WinSCP don't work
Can you please elaborate on the problem?

Advertisement

You can post new topics in this forum