WinSCP won't upload over 1GB at a time, but FileZilla will.

Advertisement

Corcustos

WinSCP won't upload over 1GB at a time, but FileZilla will.

I'm trying to upload files through SFTP to my remote server, but once the upload hits 1GB, the queue stops, the time left skyrockets, and the client doesn't let me cancel/continue. I do not experience this issue with FileZilla, and it only happens when uploading. Downloading works as expected. Regardless of what files I upload, it will never exceed 1GB. I am using latest(5.13) WinSCP, and Windows 10. I assume a limit on my server is at play, but I am trying to understand why FileZilla wouldn't be affected by it, and why it would upload the files without issue, as opposed to WinSCP being restricted to 1GB uploads through SFTP only(normal FTP works fine?). I'm not too familiar with WinSCP, so is there perhaps a setting I can change in WinSCP to fix this? Any help is much appreciated.

Advertisement

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

Re: WinSCP won't upload over 1GB at a time, but FileZilla will.

Please attach a full session log file showing the problem (using the latest version of WinSCP).

To generate the session log file, enable logging, log in to your server and do the operation and only the operation that causes the error. Submit the log with your post as an attachment. Note that passwords and passphrases not stored in the log. You may want to remove other data you consider sensitive though, such as host names, IP addresses, account names or file names (unless they are relevant to the problem). If you do not want to post the log publicly, you can mark the attachment as private.

Corcustos

martin wrote:

Please attach a full session log file showing the problem (using the latest version of WinSCP).

To generate the session log file, enable logging, log in to your server and do the operation and only the operation that causes the error. Submit the log with your post as an attachment. Note that passwords and passphrases not stored in the log. You may want to remove other data you consider sensitive though, such as host names, IP addresses, account names or file names (unless they are relevant to the problem). If you do not want to post the log publicly, you can mark the attachment as private.

I attempted to post a log for my original post, but I encountered a problem, and still am. Using WinSCP to enable logging doesn't create the log in the specified directory. Halfway through the operation of uploading, when the time skyrockets, I can't interact with WinSCP. I have to force close it with task manager. When attempting to enable through the command-line, the command isn't found. I'm not entirely sure what I'm doing wrong, so apologies if I'm missing something. I made my post hoping that someone might know, or have an idea of, the difference between FileZilla and WinSCP that would be causing this. I'm running Ubuntu 16.04 if that helps.

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

Don't you get any log, if you enable the logging before a transfer?

Corcustos

martin wrote:

Don't you get any log, if you enable the logging before a transfer?
Not in the directly I specify for the log to go before enabling at least.

Advertisement

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

Sorry, I do not understand.

Corcustos

martin wrote:

Sorry, I do not understand.
Sorry, I meant directory, not directly. Typo.

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

Can you post a screenshot of your logging settings?

Advertisement

You can post new topics in this forum