How to schedule a folder scan, ftp files within and delete the files upon upload success ?

Advertisement

Alaa

How to schedule a folder scan, ftp files within and delete the files upon upload success ?

I just got to know Winscp. seems like a powerful tool that I could make use of.

I am looking for a tool that scans a folder for files every X minutes, picks up any files it sees, FTPs them to a server and finally deletes the file upon completion.

Is this doable with WinSCP ?

Thanks

Advertisement

jeffb

Re: How to schedule a folder scan, ftp files within and delete the files upon upload success ?

I'm looking for the same thing, only in reverse. i would like to download the files from a directory on a remote FTP server and delete them after a successful download. Would like to run as a scheduled event using a batch file.

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

Re: How to schedule a folder scan, ftp files within and delete the files upon upload success ?

Alaa wrote:

I am looking for a tool that scans a folder for files every X minutes, picks up any files it sees, FTPs them to a server and finally deletes the file upon completion.

Is this doable with WinSCP ?
- Create a script that does put -delete. Start here: https://winscp.net/eng/docs/guide_automation
- And schedule the script to be run every X minutes. See https://winscp.net/eng/docs/guide_schedule

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

jeffb wrote:

I'm looking for the same thing, only in reverse. i would like to download the files from a directory on a remote FTP server and delete them after a successful download. Would like to run as a scheduled event using a batch file.
Similarly to the previous question, just use get -delete.

Advertisement

You can post new topics in this forum