[weird bug] WinSCP causes Google Chrome to freezes randomly

Advertisement

dembugs

[weird bug] WinSCP causes Google Chrome to freezes randomly

Hello,

WinSCP causes Google Chrome to freezes randomly. It seems to be occurring when WinSCP uploads a file. If I manually kill the WinSCP process it unfreezes Google Chrome.

WinSCP version: 5.13.4.0 (But the problem also affected previous versions)
Transfer protocol: SFTP
I'm not using the GUT but the C# library.

Advertisement

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

Re: [weird bug] Winscp causes google chrome to freezes randomly

It's not rare that Internet provides freeze internet connection during an upload.
Chrome possibly tries to access Internet at that time.

dembugs

If I open Firefox while Chrome is frozen I can browse internet just fine. And as soon as the WinSCP process is killed, Chrome is unfrozen. But what is weird is that on my home computer I have been using WinSCP and Chrome for years without issues but it seems some software on my work computer is causing WinSCP to freeze Chrome. I have multiple VPN software installed on my work computer but it's very hard to troubleshoot which software is causing the issue since I need these software to work and the freezing issue is very rare.

Advertisement

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

Re: "This application could prevent Chrome from working properly." ... WinSCP 5.13.3

@jasonbuechler: Thanks for your report.
I've read about that message now:
https://www.howtogeek.com/363826/why-is-chrome-telling-me-to-update-or-remove-incompatible-applications/
Though WinSCP is for sure not "injecting code" to Chrome. So this looks either like a false positive or some kind of virus/malware infection.
I indeed do not have WinSCP listed on that page, even when I'm too using both WinSCP and Chrome.

Advertisement

You can post new topics in this forum