Help with setting up better logs / email alerts?

Advertisement

JHanson7183

Help with setting up better logs / email alerts?

Currently I have all my SFTP connections set to write individual log files in certain directories based on the generate session/url feature inside of WinSCP

Using the set WINSCP_RESULT %ERRORLEVEL% command at the bottom of my script, it runs powershell to send an email to defined users inboxes with canned messages of either "job success" or "job fail", with the job fail alert it has the url to navigate to the server and check out the related log file

the problem is these are not tech savvy users so the .log files by default are loaded with all kinds of "gibberish" and they cannot parse the information.

I have been asked to provide the email with a simple clean log of the files that were transferred and nothing else, or not if there were not files to transfer.

Is this possible?

Advertisement

appreciate the offer!

I would be happy to test it out and see if the new low level logging would work for us

just let me know what you need from me for info

thanks!

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

Please send me an email, so I can send you back a development version of WinSCP. Include link back to this topic in your email. Also note in this topic that you have sent the email. Thanks.

You will find my address (if you log in) in my forum profile.

Advertisement

You can post new topics in this forum