I do not understand how a system admin can allow an editor to edit a file on the server

Advertisement

bnors92

I do not understand how a system admin can allow an editor to edit a file on the server

I have WinScp set up to use Textpad as an external editor. When I attempt to save changes, I get "Copying files to remote side failed. Access is denied." I am using 64-bit Windows 7 on my host machine. I tried doing the following in regedit with no success:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Martin Prikryl\WinSCP 2
"DisableOpenEdit"=dword:00000001

I still couldn't edit a file.
Could someone expand on the very sparse explanation of how to allow file editing? Thank you.

Advertisement

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

Re: I do not understand how a system admin can allow an editor to edit a file on the server

Your problem is not related to any admin settings.

Please attach a full session log file showing the problem (using the latest version of WinSCP).

To generate the session log file, enable logging, log in to your server and do the operation and only the operation that causes the error. Submit the log with your post as an attachment. Note that passwords and passphrases not stored in the log. You may want to remove other data you consider sensitive though, such as host names, IP addresses, account names or file names (unless they are relevant to the problem). If you do not want to post the log publicly, you can mark the attachment as private.

Advertisement

You can post new topics in this forum