Dragext64.dll hang while draggin in app

Advertisement

TNTUP

Dragext64.dll hang while draggin in app

Hi, been using WinSCP since 2013 and I'm facing this issue (probably since Windows 10 (1803). While drag n' drop or even clicking causes the app to hang then I can drag n' drop where I want (In D:\Server by example). Using the shell extension, I've seen somewhere since W10 1803 it had a workaround fix but that seems to cause hang on my side.

I've found this is probably caused by the Dragext64.dll lag issue, even dropping inside of WinSCP Remote->Local it hangs like 3 seconds, outside of WinSCP too.

Downgrading to 5.13 somewhat fixed the issue, but found that since I'm on 1803 that stopped working due to the error "cannot determine blabla" errors like others reported.

I hope this can be fixed in 5.14. Also my english sucks so pardon me if any mistakes, I am french :)

EDIT: Selecting the second option solved it, but at the first option by default causes the app to hang (probs due to the dll?)

Advertisement

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

Re: Dragext64.dll hang while draggin in app

Thanks for your report.
I have sent you an email with a debug version of WinSCP to the address you have used to register on this forum.

TNTUP

RE

Hi, extracted and replicated my issue and it seems to be solved/fixed! I mean, clicking on the remote file/folder does not hang the app and by dragging inside/outside no hangs at all. I guess this build would fix those issues if released officially.

Should I try the 5.13.4 portable install? I'm wondering if its due to the dragext extension or this test build fixed it? I'll try that later!

EDIT: Tested the 5.13.4 portable and it still hangs while clicking on a file on the remote side, the 5.14 fixed it! Hope it comes stable when its released officially!

Advertisement

You can post new topics in this forum