5.14 beta build 8871 - no more log of transfers

Advertisement

oliverfr

5.14 beta build 8871 - no more log of transfers

Hello,

On the attached screenshot, you will see a blank area, the area where normally WinSCP logs the transfers to the remote server, be they in progress or finished.

However, since the update to the newer 5.14 beta, that field remains blank even after the successful upload of a file (and I'm given overwrite prompts because my goldfish memory can't confirm me whether I had already uploaded the file or not).

Commander interface. I first discovered it with my native French version, but still had it after switching to English and relaunching the program.

Program was downloaded from winscp.net, I'm not going for the windows store even if you threaten me with a pointy stick.

Sorry to bother with the bug news!

delete.jpg

Advertisement

oliverfr

I wanted to downgrade to the previous version of WinSCP, and things become weird, the bug is still present.

- I am 100% certain I had an upload queue log visible before I let the upgrade to 5.14 run, zero doubt about it
- I used the add/remove program control panel of windows10 to remove winscp, asked to keep my options (they're in registry, not ini) accepted the reboot, installed the .exe with the 5.13 beta I still had in my downloads folder, and observed that the bug is stil present even now, maybe this is some change in the settings that corrupts something?

In case it may help debug, here are my transfer log options relevant to the issue (they're unchanged save one thing, I switched from "forever" to "one hour" to test, it didn't change anyhing), see the two attached images.

deleteb.jpg

deletea.jpg

oliverfr

I did some further testing to understand what is going on, it yielded zero helpful results.
Still, just in case, I report them.

- I uninstalled the program, and this time asked to have the program's parameters removed during the win10 uninstallation, save for the files list.
- I reinstalled winscp afresh, kept the default settings, changed the options only to have by default the queue list at the bottom, launched a transfer...
- and the "nothing shows up in the queue list, neither in-progress transfers nor completed transfers" bug was still present.
- Changing time during which to show completed transfers, from zero to infinity and back, didn't change anything
- I tried the whole uninstall cleanly with options removal + reinstallation afresh with both 5.13 (I thought it was a beta, I just checked, no it wasn't, my bad) and 5.14 beta

EDIT: errr... I fixed it, not sure how.
Only variation I had this time, after a clean uninstall+reinstall of 5.13.4, while starting a first transfer, I toggled the checkbox to have it be transferred in background.
I don't know if that's what fixed the issue and quite frankly, I don't have the courage to risk to "unfix" it, I need the program on a daily usage.

End of my bug report, apologies if it is messy ;)

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

oliverfr wrote:

EDIT: errr... I fixed it, not sure how.
Only variation I had this time, after a clean uninstall+reinstall of 5.13.4, while starting a first transfer, I toggled the checkbox to have it be transferred in background.
I don't know if that's what fixed the issue and quite frankly, I don't have the courage to risk to "unfix" it, I need the program on a daily usage.
Only background transfers show on the queue. This was always this way. No change in 5.14.

oliverfr

Then might it be possible for some reason the transfer defaults changed with the upgrade to 5.14, and transfers ceased being background transfers?

Otherwise, well, it's the random weird thing that happens for no reason on a computer and it's no use worrying anyway, heh.

Advertisement

Advertisement

You can post new topics in this forum