WinSCP closes if the user clicks on the X or Close button from the Login window

Advertisement

joelr

WinSCP closes if the user clicks on the X or Close button from the Login window

Thanks for the great program!

When WinSCP launches, it automatically brings up the Login window.

If you close the window by clicking on the X or clicking the Close button, the program exits and returns you back to Windows.

In this case, I think that the user should be brought back to the main window, where other options are available.

If users are used to the existing behaviour, this could be controlled via a preference.

This is occurring with the latest version of WinSCP, version 5.13.4.

Let me know what you think.

Advertisement

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

Re: WinSCP closes if the user clicks on the X or Close button from the Login window

joelr wrote:

In this case, I think that the user should be brought back to the main window, where other options are available.
What "other options" would you use in the main windows without without any opened session?

joelr

For example, to access the documentation from the Help menu, or to configure the toolbars or colors from the Options menu.

Some options, such as the "About" page are accessible from the Tools dropdown on the Login screen.

blaisepoint
Donor

I was about to open a topic for this same issue. I thought this WinSCP behavior was a bug, not a feature.
Glad that @martin has pointed out the solution – that window preference will do it. :)

Advertisement

blaisepoint
Donor

It's just that I like being able to access all those things in the app that don't depend on an open session. It's very frustrating to feel obligated to open a session just to do things such as navigate thru the app UI and discover its features.

When the app closes upon my refusal to open a session, it's like WinSCP was saying to me:
"So... you're not here to open a session, huh?! So get out of my UI, you bastard!" ;D

Advertisement

joelr

Just tried the "Keep main window open when the last session is closed" option and it doesn't close the window any more.

Thanks for the tip and keep up the good work!

Advertisement

You can post new topics in this forum