No access to S3 Bucket Folders directly

Advertisement

Guest43434

No access to S3 Bucket Folders directly

WinSCP 5.13.2 (Build 8455)
Windows 10 (Version 1709)
Using GUI/Commander
Transer Protocoll S3

It is not possible to access S3 Subfolders within an AWS S3 bucket directly. Configuration of an remote folder works with first level bucket folders only, e.g. "/bucketname". I haven't found a possibility to access subfolders directly (e.g. "/bucketname/folder1"). From my point of view, this feature is required, because I do only have permissions to those subfolder not allowed to see any folder on level "/bucketname". Using the tool S3 browser I have checked my permissions (works!).

Thanks in advance

Advertisement

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

Re: No access to S3 Bucket Folders directly

Sorry, I do not really understand, what are you trying to do. What configuration are you referring to?

Quest182728

martin wrote:

Sorry, I do not really understand, what are you trying to do. What configuration are you referring to?

I'm facing the same issue. I only have an access to a certain folder within a bucket and seems that WinScp doesn't support this. Both S3 Browser and CloudBerry explorer are working fine.

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

Please attach a full session log file showing the problem (using the latest version of WinSCP).

To generate the session log file, enable logging, log in to your server and do the operation and only the operation that causes the error. Submit the log with your post as an attachment. Note that passwords and passphrases not stored in the log. You may want to remove other data you consider sensitive though, such as host names, IP addresses, account names or file names (unless they are relevant to the problem). If you do not want to post the log publicly, you can mark the attachment as private.

Advertisement

You can post new topics in this forum