Upload of small file times out after 100% upload (doesn't 'complete'). Leaves empty file on server.

Advertisement

sailor2

Upload of small file times out after 100% upload (doesn't 'complete'). Leaves empty file on server.

When I upload files, including small files, they often time out after reaching 100% upload. Cancelling the upload leaves a 0K file on the server. Downloading files even when the upload is trying to finish occurs without incident.

WinSCP Version 5.13.5 (Build 8967) (OS 6.1.7601 Service Pack 1 - Windows 7 Professional)
WINSCP 3.13.5 (happened with an older Win SCP version as well, I just upgraded)

I download the file from the server, edit it, and resave in notepadd++.
This also occurs when I drag and drop to upload.
  • mcjssem6@csf2.itservices.manchester.ac.uk - Copy.log (355.54 KB, Private file)

Advertisement

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

Re: Upload of small file times out after 100% upload (doesn't 'complete'). Leaves empty file on server.

I was not able to locate the problem in the log. Can you give me a name of the file to look for?

sailor2

Re: Upload of small file times out after 100% upload (doesn't 'complete'). Leaves empty file on server.

martin wrote:

I was not able to locate the problem in the log. Can you give me a name of the file to look for?

Hello, many thanks for looking into this.

The file in question is:
File: '/mnt/lustre/mcjssem6/Simulator/WRE/wre-pywr-simulator/outputs/view_archive_test.py

There are several instances in the log where the file is attempted to be uploaded to the server.

Thank you

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

OK I see it now. Did you test it with another SFTP client?

Advertisement

You can post new topics in this forum