Add an option to display stored passwords

Advertisement

Seb33300

Add an option to display stored passwords

Hello,

I would like to be able to show stored passwords.

Sometimes my customers do not remember their passwords and ask me to give them back.
If we could have an option to show stored passwords (like in Firefox or Chrome passwords managers), this could be very useful.

Thanks

Advertisement

Seb33300

I already saw it is possible to recover a password with some manipulations.

But the idea I am submitting here is to provide a more user friendly way to display them.

Advertisement

oliverfr

If I may, I switched from filezilla to winscp because I was outraged when I learnt Fz stored passwords in plain text in a fixed location and it was IT room basical game to automatically try to fetch if there was something in username/location/file.xml.
If such a feature were to be implemented, I'd suggest it could only work at the condition the user has a master password implemented.

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

oliverfr wrote:

If I may, I switched from filezilla to winscp because I was outraged when I learnt Fz stored passwords in plain text in a fixed location and it was IT room basical game to automatically try to fetch if there was something in username/location/file.xml.
If such a feature were to be implemented, I'd suggest it could only work at the condition the user has a master password implemented.
I understand that. And why I hesitate to implement this.

Seb33300.

Honestly, I don't understand why this feature is problematic when "Log passwords and other sensitive information" option providing a similar result already exists.

We are already able to display passwords. But not in a really user friendly way...

(I created an account with Seb33300 username, but I have been banned for "spam"???)

Advertisement

You can post new topics in this forum