Backup Stopping At Seemingly Random Points + Only Overwrite Modified Files

Advertisement

crimsonnight

Backup Stopping At Seemingly Random Points + Only Overwrite Modified Files

Hey guys, I've set up the below script (based on guides I have found + checking the WinSCP documentation) to automatically backup all content on my server:

option echo on
option batch on
option confirm off
open CrimsonNight
synchronize local "E:\OneDrive\Website\Backups\WinSCP_FullServerBackup" /home
close
exit

I've ran the script around 4 times now and it's backed up around half my content (4GB). The weird thing is, it stays open/backs up different amounts every time before randomly closing - how can I keep it open to complete the backup? It seems to start at the beginning every time so I'm not sure it'll ever complete at this point. On that note, is it overwriting files every time? I only want it to backup modified files (which I assume is the case as I've used the 'synchronize local' command but just wanted to confirm).

Thanks!

Advertisement

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

Re: Backup Stopping At Seemingly Random Points + Only Overwrite Modified Files

Please attach a session log file showing the problem (using the latest version of WinSCP).

To generate the session log file, use /log=path_to_log_file command-line argument. Submit the log with your post as an attachment. Note that passwords and passphrases not stored in the log. You may want to remove other data you consider sensitive though, such as host names, IP addresses, account names or file names (unless they are relevant to the problem). If you do not want to post the log publicly, you can mark the attachment as private.

It wasn't enabled in preferences at the time but I have enabled it now - do I leave it set to 'Normal' level? Also, it's obviously running through 'WinSCP.com' so I'm not sure if that'll effect the logging.

martin wrote:

Please attach a session log file showing the problem (using the latest version of WinSCP).

To generate the session log file, use /log=path_to_log_file command-line argument. Submit the log with your post as an attachment. Note that passwords and passphrases not stored in the log. You may want to remove other data you consider sensitive though, such as host names, IP addresses, account names or file names (unless they are relevant to the problem). If you do not want to post the log publicly, you can mark the attachment as private.

Apologies, I missed the text in the smaller font before. I've added the code to the batch file but it's saying:

Error occurred during logging. It's been turned off.
Can't open log file 'path_to_log_file'.
System Error. Code: 5.
Access is denied

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

The path_to_log_file should obviously be replaced by a "path to the log file". Like C:\path\to\log.log.

Advertisement

crimsonnight

martin wrote:

The path_to_log_file should obviously be replaced by a "path to the log file". Like C:\path\to\log.log.

Hi there, I'm having problems attaching my 'log.txt' file - I'm getting the following message: 'No post mode specified'

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

What exactly are you doing, when you get this error?

You can send the logs to my email address.

Advertisement

You can post new topics in this forum