Wrong file association won't let open the archived files

Advertisement

Amarige

Wrong file association won't let open the archived files

WinSCP on my laptop has the correct file association and I am able to open the archived files. Somehow, the file association is wrong on my other machine and I am not able to open the archived files. See attached screen shots. I spent a lot of time trying to change the incorrect Adobe Acrobat file association, but no luck. I am sure it's something simple, but I do not see the option and I need help.

Thank you in advance

Incorrect File Association.PNG

Correct File Association.PNG

Advertisement

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

Can you post a screenshot showing Windows File Explorer, and both local and remote WinSCP file panel, all containing those bz2 files?

Amarige

Re: Wrong file association won't let open the archived files

HI Martin,
See the attachments. I am able to open the tar.bz2 files from the Windows File Explorer because with the right click I see the option to Open with [b]7-Zip File Manager[/b]. But in both panels of WinSCP the files cannot be opened because there is only option to Open. When I click on Open I get the Acrobat reader error (see screen shot of Adobe error)

thank you

Adobe Acrobat.png

WinFileExp.png

WinSCP panels.png

Advertisement

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

Re: Wrong file association won't let open the archived files

Amarige wrote:

I am able to open the tar.bz2 files from the Windows File Explorer because with the right click I see the option to Open with 7-Zip File Manager.
So again, does the association work in Windows File Explorer? Can you open the file the way you need by just double-clicking it?

Advertisement

You can post new topics in this forum