Latest version of WinSCP keeps crashing

Advertisement

adrian@dotfusion.ro

Latest version of WinSCP keeps crashing

Hi guys,
I am experiencing a lot of crashing issues ever since the last update.
I am using Windows 10 and my WinSCP instance and configuration has been pretty stable so far.
I have already tried uninstalling and reinstalling back again without any change in behavior.
Is there anybody else having similar issues? Can I install an older version maybe?

Thank you,
Adrian

Advertisement

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

Re: Latest version of WinSCP keeps crashing

Thanks for your report.
I have sent you an email with a debug version of WinSCP to the address you have used to register on this forum.

adrian@dotfusion.ro

Re: Latest version of WinSCP keeps crashing

Thank you.
I have downloaded it and opened it.
I will use in the upcoming days. Do I need to send you anything back? Like a log?
Thank you,
Adrian

Alex2021

Resurrection

Hi!

I know this is old but I got the exact same issue for ages now with every WinSCP version on multiple PCs.
I noticed that this started to happen since I donated and entered my mail address in WinSCP - BUT: I did not donate enough for the auto update feature!
The point is: The software starts crashing randomly as soon as a new update is out.

seems like there is a relation.

Advertisement

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

Re: Resurrection

@Alex2021: Thanks for your report.

Can you send me an email, so I can send you back a debug version of WinSCP to track the problem? Please include a link back to this topic in your email. Also note in this topic that you have sent the email. Thanks.

You will find my address (if you log in) in my forum profile.

TVOTractor

WinSCP crashes on Windows 2019

Hi There,

I'm having a similar issue on an Evaluation copy of Windows 2019. When I start a transfer, the application crashes. I thought this might be related to the size of the file, and I tried to transfer a very small file. This worked. Larger files still cause it to crash.

Any suggestions would be most welcome.

Thanks

John

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

Re: WinSCP crashes on Windows 2019

@TVOTractor: Thanks for your report.

Can you send me an email, so I can send you back a debug version of WinSCP to track the problem? Please include a link back to this topic in your email. Also note in this topic that you have sent the email. Thanks.

You will find my address (if you log in) in my forum profile.

Advertisement

You can post new topics in this forum