File recognised as directory when trying to upload

Advertisement

ddnnkubi

File recognised as directory when trying to upload

Hi,

A customer of mine is currently facing a problem while uploading a file.

We are using version 5.15 of WinSCP. The used protocol is unencrypted FTP. The user is trying to upload a local .csv file to a remote server via dragg and drop. The upload is being interrupted by the Error code 267, The diretory name is invalid. It seems like, WinSCP thinks that the .csv file is a directory and tries to list all files in this directory. You can also see the error message in the attached picutre.

Thanks in advance for you help!
Dennis

Capture.JPG

Advertisement

jesse.rodriguez@...

Source Files seen as directories.

I am having the same issue with The upload is being interrupted by the Error code 267.

chuyrod

Error listing directory - Code 267

Using WinSCP 5.19.2 I am trying to upload a directory with several files. I am receiving the message Error listing directory. Empty directories are created instead of the files.
  • winscp.log (301.74 KB, Private file)

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

Re: Error listing directory - Code 267

@chuyrod: WinSCP sees the BCP GamePlan 2018.xlsx as a folder, is it? Or is it a file? How does it look like in WinSCP file panel? What do you get, if you do dir U:\My Documents\BCP in Windows command-line? What is the U:? A network drive? Hosted where? Isn't it Samba or something like that?

Advertisement

chuyrod

Howdy, thanks for the quick reply. See my answers below.
U: Drive is mapped to a UNC Path on Windows Server in my AD Profile as my home drive. In WinSCP the the file is recognize as a file Microsoft Excel Worksheet. For a successful command dir from the prompt, I enter the following --> dir u:"My Documents"\BCP
It doesn't matter the file type. It seems to be related to mapped UNCs paths. Looking forward to your reply as this has come up several time before.

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

Thanks for your report.
I have sent you an email with a debug version of WinSCP to the address you have used to register on this forum.

chuyrod

Hello, steps performed:
1. Open WinSCP
2. Connected to SFTP Site
3. Source: Browsed to U: folder path mapped to \\server\share
4. Destination: Browsed to sftp folder path
5. Highlighted files from source location
That is when empty directories or created instead of the filenames. See attached trace file.

Thank you,
  • WinSCP24C4trace.zip (522.49 KB, Private file)

Advertisement

chuyrod

Error listing directory - Code 267

Hello, here is a new log file using the latest build sent to me. Thank you very much.
Jesse
  • WinSCP3A54trace.zip (1.12 MB, Private file)

Solution?

Hi, I have a customer that have the same issue. WinSCP thinks all files is directories. He is using the latest version of the program. Is there any fix available?

Re: Solution?

Hi,

When trying to upload any file from example \\hostname\c$ WinSCP seems to believe that it's a directory. I have tried with several different file types but we have the same issue with all of them. The version that is being used is 5.19.2

Advertisement

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

@Guest: Please attach a full session log file showing the problem (using the latest version of WinSCP).

To generate the session log file, enable logging, log in to your server and do the operation and only the operation that causes the error. Submit the log with your post as an attachment. Note that passwords and passphrases not stored in the log. You may want to remove other data you consider sensitive though, such as host names, IP addresses, account names or file names (unless they are relevant to the problem). If you do not want to post the log publicly, you can mark the attachment as private.

@martin: Full paths is removed as you might see from the log but the information that matters should be there. As you can see during the upload process WinSCP belives that the .xlsx file is a directory instead of a file.
  • upload error.log (5.37 KB, Private file)

Advertisement

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

@Guest: Can you send me an email, so I can send you back a debug version of WinSCP to track the problem? Please include a link back to this topic in your email. Also note in this topic that you have sent the email. Thanks.

You will find my address (if you log in) in my forum profile.

Advertisement

You can post new topics in this forum