I'm sure this is going to sound like a dumb question

Advertisement

ncarickx

I'm sure this is going to sound like a dumb question

Ok, I am very computer illiterate and I'm sure this will sound dumb, but I've been trying to figure it out for hours and need help! I downloaded files onto WinSCP to create a personal webpage about the technology I have learned to use and how it relates to teaching children. After all of my files downloaded successfully, I went to check out my webpage. The only problem is that instead of my webpage directly popping up, an index of my files used to make the webpage pops up. Through that I can access the webpage, but I want it to pop up immediately after the URL is typed in. Is there some setting I have to change for this to happen. In other words I want all of the files and their names to be hidden that I used to create the webpage and just want the webpage to pop up. I'm sure I explained this extremely confusingly, but could someone please help me? Thanx so much!

Advertisement

duerra
Donor

This is not a WinSCP thing. You need to create an "index.html" file in the root directory of your web host, and that page will be automatically shown to your users when they visit your site.

Advertisement

You can post new topics in this forum