Local and remote panel column width

Advertisement

MikeDeng

Local and remote panel column width

The local and remote panel column width always show very wide, I will need to manually horizontal scroll to see or adjust to see the file metadata like size and date.

I am using Windows 10. WinScp version 5.15.5

Advertisement

MikeDeng

This is very annoying. Even if I adjust the column width, the next time I open WinScp, it gets back to as wide as it defaults to.

I would think it SHOULD default the column width to a reasonable size, that one can easily see file attributes without the need to scroll each time.

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

Re: Local and remote panel column width

Thanks for your report.

Can you send me an email, so I can send you back a debug version of WinSCP to track the problem? Please include a link back to this topic in your email. Also note in this topic that you have sent the email. Thanks.

You will find my address (if you log in) in my forum profile.

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

Re: Local and remote panel column width

@slava: Please start by upgrading to the latest version of WinSCP. The 5.13.3 is 3 years old.

If this does not help, please send me an email, so I can send you back a debug version of WinSCP to track the problem. Please include a link back to this topic in your email. Also note in this topic that you have sent the email. Thanks.

You will find my address (if you log in) in my forum profile.

Advertisement

moped
Donor

Hello Martin,

I've sent you an email with the request for the debug version.

I'm having basically the same issue. Columns are "somehow" sized to a specific window size, but when it's moved to another screen with 125% scaling, columns are too wide, then again when I move it back, there is a lot of empty space after last column.

Any chance of having autosized columns with remaining space added to first (name) column?

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

@moped: Thanks for your report.
I have sent you an email with a debug version of WinSCP to the address you have used to register on this forum.

ptha

Just an FYI, for the Ctrl + + key shortcut, for the + I needed to use the plus key on the numeric keyboard.
Nothing happened when I selected the plus key to the left of backspace. This was in Windows 11/WinSCP 6.1.

Advertisement

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

@ptha: Yes, that's what I've meant by Grey +. From the times those keys were (darker) grey on the keyboards. I've edited it to say Num +, as that is clearer (and it's actually what WinSCP GUI will display).

Advertisement

You can post new topics in this forum