Four possible bugs and one suggestion

Advertisement

Ricardo
Donor
Ricardo avatar

Four possible bugs and one suggestion

Hi

1 - Sometimes various "Memory access" errors appears and crash WinSCP.
2 - High CPU usage on Login Screen even when iddle
3 - WinSCP3.ini file seems only to grow, keeping old Deleted Sessions.
4 - Queue list seems to stay more time opened (after transfer is completed) if WinSCP screen is at top of the other program's windows.
5 [Suggestion] - 'Name' column got more confusing at the 3.8 Beta. I think it should be simplified, being more accessible for first use.

All bugs occurs at v.3.8 Beta, even the 1st one is an old bug. I'm using Office 2003 layout and XP SP2.
Also, I don't search at the forums if these possible bugs have been already reported.

Thanks,
Ricardo

Advertisement

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

Re: Four possible bugs and one suggestion

Ricardo wrote:

2 - High CPU usage on Login Screen even when iddle
What is high? :-) What tab do you have selected (if it makes any diffence)?
3 - WinSCP3.ini file seems only to grow, keeping old Deleted Sessions.
So you cannot delete session if you are using an INI file? It works for me.
4 - Queue list seems to stay more time opened (after transfer is completed) if WinSCP screen is at top of the other program's windows.
I do not understand this. Please try again.
5 [Suggestion] - 'Name' column got more confusing at the 3.8 Beta. I think it should be simplified, being more accessible for first use.
What do you find confusing about it?

Ricardo
Donor
Ricardo avatar

martin wrote:

What is high? :-) What tab do you have selected (if it makes any diffence)?
I refer to the "Key passphrase" screen where we should insert an public key password. This is using all CPU... well, I have a dual P4 and it uses 50% of total what can be equivalent to 100% of a single CPU.

martin wrote:

So you cannot delete session if you are using an INI file? It works for me.
I can delete the sessions normally, but the WinSCP3.ini keeps all deleted sessions configurations.
The number 4, I do not fell much certain. Forget please.

Ricardo wrote:

martin wrote:

What do you find confusing about it?
Well, they are two columns in one: Name and Extension. If a click on Name, it sorts the files by names. And if I click on Ext it sorts by extensions. They might be 2 independent columns.

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

Ricardo wrote:

I refer to the "Key passphrase" screen where we should insert an public key password. This is using all CPU... well, I have a dual P4 and it uses 50% of total what can be equivalent to 100% of a single CPU.
OK. You are right. I've just thought that you refer to the login dialog, not to the authentication dialog.

I can delete the sessions normally, but the WinSCP3.ini keeps all deleted sessions configurations.
That does not make sense. If they are kept in an INI file, they would be loaded on the next startup. Are you sure that the INI file use really used?

Well, they are two columns in one: Name and Extension. If a click on Name, it sorts the files by names. And if I click on Ext it sorts by extensions. They might be 2 independent columns.
I do not want to split the file name into two columns. It would confuse even more users.

Ricardo
Donor
Ricardo avatar

Looking better at WinSCP3.ini I see it keept old Bookmarks from deleted sessions [Configuration\Bookmarks...], SSH keys [SshHostKeys] and an ini session called [Configuration\CDCache]. Can this happened by updating from older program versions?

Really, sessions configurations [Sessions\...] seems to be ok.

Advertisement

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

Ricardo wrote:

Looking better at WinSCP3.ini I see it keept old Bookmarks from deleted sessions [Configuration\Bookmarks...], SSH keys [SshHostKeys] and an ini session called [Configuration\CDCache]. Can this happened by updating from older program versions?
But these items are not associated with a stored session. They are associated with username/hostname combination (host keys are associated with hostname/port). So they are not deleted, if you remove the stored session.

Advertisement

You can post new topics in this forum