FTPs connection issue with Winscp

Advertisement

kjs00333

Hello - I have set up an FTP server using IIS on Server 2016 in Azure. I have created an FTP site and able to successfully connect using "No Encryption" with Winscp. This works well, and I am able to see my directory listing and all contents within. Uploads / Downloads are working fine. My firewall rules in Azure allow my IP address in, and ports 21,22,and 990 are open.

Now here's the problem.. I am trying to use FTPs (TLS/SSL Explicit) but unable to connect. I have created a Self Signed certificate, configured my FTP site to use the certificate, and I have also imported that self signed certificate on my local PC in the automatically selected cert store. I have also placed it in personal store locally. This was exported from my FTP server as a PFX file. I have also turned off the windows firewall on the FTP server for the sake of troubleshooting.

First time I connected using TLS / SSL it asked me to accept the certificate which I did, but it's just giving me an error of "Could not retrieve directory listing Server cannot accept argument".
Is there something that I'm missing? Any help is appreciated!

WinscpSSLt.jpg

WinscpCert.jpg

winscp.jpg

Advertisement

kjs00333

What data ports are you referring to? In my original post, I stated that 21,22 and 990 are open in my Azure firewall and the local windows firewall of the FTP server is disabled. Not sure what you mean if you are speaking about something different.

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

Re: FTPs connection issue with Winscp

kjs00333 wrote:

What data ports are you referring to? In my original post, I stated that 21,22 and 990 are open in my Azure firewall and the local windows firewall of the FTP server is disabled. Not sure what you mean if you are speaking about something different.
Those are not data ports.
Please read the whole article I have linked in my previous post.
https://winscp.net/eng/docs/ftp_modes

Advertisement

You can post new topics in this forum