Help!!!! Can not copy file! Command failed with return code 255.

Advertisement

clement woo

Help!!!! Can not copy file! Command failed with return code 255.

I try to copy text file from ftp server to my loptop, but it failed every time with the return code 255. What is the cause of this problem? Where is the Help directory from the application (usually is found in the application menu)?
Please help me.

regards,
Clement Woo

Advertisement

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

Re: Help!!!! Can not copy file! Command failed with return code 255.

Please search the forum, this was asked too many times already. Also, there is no help yet, only this forum.

clement_woo

Hi,

Below is the log file that indicate that scp1 is required.
1. Where can I get the scp1 (is it a file?)?
2. The PATH, is refer to the server that I am trying to transfer the file from? Does it need to be in /user directory only, or the particular path in the server that the targeted file is?

Thanks.

Copying 1 files/directories to local directory "C:\DOCUME~1\CLEMEN~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\scp57655\"
PrTime: Yes; PrRO: Yes; Rght: rw-r--r--; PrR: No
FnCs: N; TM: M; AscM: *.*htm*; *.txt; *.php*; *.cgi; *.c; *.cpp; *.h; *.pas; *.bas; *.tex; *.pl; .htaccess; *.xtml; *.css; *.cfg; *.ini; *.sh; *.xml
echo "WinSCP: this is begin-of-file" ; scp -r -p -d -f "misys.syd" ; echo "WinSCP: this is end-of-file:$status"
WinSCP: this is begin-of-file
Sending NULL.
scp: warning: Executing scp1 compatibility.
scp: FATAL: Executing ssh1 in compatibility mode failed (Check that scp1 is in your PATH).
WinSCP: this is end-of-file:255

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

clement_woo wrote:

1. Where can I get the scp1 (is it a file?)?
It is a tool (program). For example on OpennSSH server, it is part of client-package, which is not installed by default in latest versions.
2. The PATH, is refer to the server that I am trying to transfer the file from? Does it need to be in /user directory only, or the particular path in the server that the targeted file is?
Yes, it refers to the server.

Advertisement

You can post new topics in this forum