file transfer speed

Advertisement

file transfer speed

I found that the transfer speed (both upload & download) of WinSCP 2 is slower than WinSCP 1, while WinSCP 1 is much more slower than Linux command line scp. Does anyone else has the same problem?

Advertisement

pepe

Re: file transfer speed

guest wrote:

I found that the transfer speed (both upload & download) of WinSCP 2 is slower than WinSCP 1, while WinSCP 1 is much more slower than Linux command line scp. Does anyone else has the same problem?

WinSCP 2.3 downloads very slow when copying large files.
The behaviour varies, but often WinSCP 2.3 starts at about 13 % network utilization (~1300 CPS) and drops below 1% utilization after two minutes or so.
WinSCP 1 stays constantly at 5% utilization. Overall this is much faster.
My remote machine is an 266 PII 256 MB with an IPCOP system.
My local machine is an AMD 1800+ 512 MB with WIndows XP.

Guest morix

Hi,

I 've the same problem, I want transfer some files (about 700 MB ) from my linux router (IP COP) to my W2K computer. But hte transfer lasts 3 hours at 90 kb/sec (100MBIT Network).

Is this normal and the matter of the WINSCP protocoll / transfer, or am I one of a few with this problem?

Thanx for any answer

pepe

Re: file transfer speed

martin wrote:

Please try difference encryption alghorithm. Also SSH2 is in general slower than SSH1.

He, that worked
With WinSCP 2.3 restricted to DES encryption and SSH1, file transfers are twenty times faster now.
Thank you for your help Martin.

Advertisement

You can post new topics in this forum