using winscp with openssh for windows from lexa.mckenna.edu

Advertisement

pingel2

using winscp with openssh for windows from lexa.mckenna.edu

hi,

I had problems to get winscp to connect to the windows version of openssh provided on <invalid link removed> by Michael Johnson (I'm using the latest server version 3.6.1p1-1.)

The connection was cancelled by WinSCP because the server does not provide the command "pwd".

I figured out that setting the path to the shell to "/bin/sh" solves this problem, so WinSCP is working, but the groups can not be determind because there is no command "groups". "unalias" is also missing.

My question is: Can I use WinSCP besides those limitations or am I going to run into further problems?

Any help is appriciated. Thanks!

I will ask the same questions to Michael Johnson, who assembles openssh for windows from cygwin.

Regards
Henning Pingel

Advertisement

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

Re: using winscp with openssh for windows from lexa.mckenna.edu

pingel2 wrote:

I figured out that setting the path to the shell to "/bin/sh" solves this problem, so WinSCP is working, but the groups can not be determind because there is no command "groups". "unalias" is also missing.

My question is: Can I use WinSCP besides those limitations or am I going to run into further problems?
WinSCP works with OpenSSH for Windows (until recenly it was provided by NetworkSimplicity). Please read FAQ (<invalid hyperlink removed by admin>).

Advertisement

You can post new topics in this forum