synchronize but change file type

Advertisement

carriej

synchronize but change file type

Is there a way to set up the synchronization but change a file type when it sychronizes. So if you have .gif on the local and everytime it copies to remote you want to change it to .com and visa versa.

Advertisement

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

Re: synchronize but change file type

What it would be good for?

You can change the extension while downloading/uploading using operation mask. I do not see how this could work for synchronization as the directories would not be actually synchronized after such "synchronization".

carriej

Re: synchronize but change file type

a .gjf and a .com can both being read as a text file. They are just specifics to run a high level quantum mechanics calculation and the remote computer is a server where I can submit the calculations to a supercomputer. But for some reason the supercomuters must have the files in a .com format. So I want to be able to save things as usual (.gjf) on my computer but synchronize them so that the same files (just different extensions, .com) are on the server so I can go in and run the calculation. Any ideas.

martin wrote:

What it would be good for?

You can change the extension while downloading/uploading using operation mask. I do not see how this could work for synchronization as the directories would not be actually synchronized after such "synchronization".

Advertisement

You can post new topics in this forum