Bug with WinSCP with additional text during auth sequence

Advertisement

arya

Bug with WinSCP with additional text during auth sequence

We've got an RSA SecurID environment, which works quite well. We're about to start using WinSCP as the client, but when the SecurID server spits out additional messages prompting the user for more input (eg, token resynchronisation), it shows up as a few pixels. Only when the user drags their mouse over the area (above the password input box, below the dialog box) do they see the actual message as a popup. I think it's to do with newlines not being processed... ideally, the whole window should resize to accommodate the entire message.

I've got screenshots, if anyone's interested.

Advertisement

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

Re: Bug with WinSCP with additional text during auth sequence

Can I have a test account on your server? If not, please post a log file and screenshot.

Advertisement

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

arya wrote:

Ideally, we'd like that section to resize to accommodate the entire message... any chance of this?
I may consider that. But I also do not see a purpose of you having the empty line before the actual prompt.

arya

Agreed, neither do I. Unfortunately, I have no control over what the RSA returns back, so I can't truncate that empty line from the output... I think the reason it adds an empty line is because it's expecting a terminal. The empty line is there to make it 'look pretty'. But, even if the empty line were to be removed, because it's a multi-line string, it still wouldn't show up properly.

Would appreciate this being fixed. I'm sure the department would consider donations towards this project, especially if this bug were to be fixed.

Thanks again

arya

I should clarify. Though the screenshot I posted wouldn't be a multi-line string if the blank line were to be removed, other messages the RSA authentication manager returns to the ssh server are multi-line strings...

Advertisement

Advertisement

You can post new topics in this forum